What is Web Assist Search?
Web Assist Search is categorized as adware which displays advertisements and causes search engine redirect within browsers like Safari Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. It invades target computer in order to support the third party. Usually Web Assist Search comes bounded with free programs. You might not notice when it got inside. If your PC gets compromised unluckily, many issues would be aroused and you cannot seem to handle well. Web Assist Search displays clickable ads which constantly redirect you to shopping sites or porno pages. You’d better stay away from those pop-ups.
Web Assist Search is a potentially unwanted programs. It will cause malfunctions by changing computer default settings. You cannot even visit some certain sites. The malware will slow down the whole PC performance by adding unwanted software. Those temp files take up system resources badly. However, ads by Web Assist Search won’t go away. Web Assist Search has been created to generate revenue. Apart from a bunch of pop-ups. It might violate your browsing activities by allowing remote access. Virus can steal users’ private information for illegal purpose. You should start worrying about system vulnerability and your sensitive details.
How to Remove Web Assist Search or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with Web Assist Search or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with Web Assist Search or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with Web Assist Search or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with Web Assist Search , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of Web Assist Search or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: