ThiefQuest Ransomware is an infamous ransomware infection which attempts to rip you off by encrypting your important files stored on the hard drive. Generally speaking, ThiefQuest Ransomware is propagated through spam email attachments, pornographic websites and cost-free programs. Once it gets inside your system, it immediately changes the extensions of your files to encryption extension. As a result, you will not be able to use your computer and files normally. If you try to open the files or applications that have been infected, you will be prompted that you need to pay ransom fees to get a decryption key from hacker( Bit Coins).
Attention! Do not pay money to hacker. Even you pay for the stupid virus, you may still fail to get back your files. Lots of ransomware victims have been scammed before, so don’t fall into its well-designed trap. What you should do is to remove the terrible ThiefQuest Ransomware from your machine as soon as possible so that it cannot encrypt more and more files. After that, you can find legitimate tech company help you decrypt files or wait for free decryptor to be published in the short future. All in all, first thing is to delete codes of ThiefQuest Ransomware from computer. Here below I will teach you how to deal with it.
How to Remove ThiefQuest Ransomware or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with ThiefQuest Ransomware or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with ThiefQuest Ransomware or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with ThiefQuest Ransomware or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with ThiefQuest Ransomware , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of ThiefQuest Ransomware or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: