Chunck App is a nasty PUP infection. It disguises itself as a legitimate application and then lures gullible computer users to install it. Once successfully installed, this execrable Chunck App starts damaging your computer system on many aspects. You will find that it downloads all kinds of suspicious programs onto your computer without your permission, it hijacks the default homepages of your web browsers and causes constant redirections to insecure websites and so on. In addition to these, Chunck App malware makes your PC performance slow down immensely, because it eats up lots of network resources and memory space. Worse still, it has the ability to keep track of your personal activities. If you don’t delete it timely, probably it will even steal your vital and confidential information including online banking details, search queries, word documents, pictures, phone number, home address and so forth. As you see, Chunck App is not only a super annoying computer threat, but also it is a very dangerous one. You are highly recommended to get rid of it without any hesitation. You can refer to the step-by-step removal instructions set forth below.
Chunck App Is Dangerous
1. Chunck App gets installed on your computer without your permission
2. Chunck App bombards you with excessive amounts of pop-up ads
3. Chunck App makes your computer become very slow
4. Chunck App can install other malware/spyware/ransomware infections onto your computer secretly
5. Chunck App may steal your computer privacy
How to Remove Chunck App or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with Chunck App or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with Chunck App or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with Chunck App or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with Chunck App , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove Chunck App, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of Chunck App or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: