ElementaryDataSearch is categorized as a bothersome adware that gains access into computer indirectly and sneakily. In general, it is known to be carried by free downloading program, spam email attachment, malicious link, game and porn site. In order to avoid such annoying stuff, it is necessary to pay close attention on suspicious resources, especially for those bundles attached on freeware.
As an adware, the most impressive payload for ElementaryDataSearch that is to send out endless pop-up ads relevant to coupon code, commercial product, bogus security warning and some other strange content. Seemingly, it is promoting website traffic for the sponsored links. However, ElementaryDataSearch is indeed planning to redirect you to insecure website and generate computer with malicious program.
Moreover, ElementaryDataSearch is able to alter the settings on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge to allow itself to be loaded up automatically. It will not just take up memory space and slow down computer speed, but also intend to record visiting page, favorites and online habit to collect confidential information to the cyber crook. Needless to say, before any severe problem has been made, ElementaryDataSearch should be removed out from computer completely.
How to Remove ElementaryDataSearch or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with ElementaryDataSearch or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with ElementaryDataSearch or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with ElementaryDataSearch or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with ElementaryDataSearch , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of ElementaryDataSearch or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: