What is ResultsToolbox?
ResultsToolbox is an ads-supported program that appears in a form of browser extension. It can be classified as adware. This software has the ability to monitor browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. ResultsToolbox could be installed by accident. While its presence will put users’ privacy in danger. The malware has been designed by the third party to generate revenue. It collects confidential information, including email, bank account, logins and passwords.
ResultsToolbox is a potentially unwanted application. Pesky as it is, the malware changes computer default setting in order to make its job easier. Whichever page you visit would get redirected to ransom clickable ads. Those annoying pop-ups will completely take over your online activities. Besides, ResultsToolbox modifies your homepage and displays spam search results. You’d better uninstall ResultsToolbox immediately.
ResultsToolbox causes a bunch of troubles
- Computer screen is frozen up from time to time
- Users keeps receiving suspicious update notifications and virus security alerts
- ResultsToolbox loads multiple tabs each time the browser is started
- You have to experience lagging Internet and slow response
- ResultsToolbox might create system bug
- Your sensitive information will be invaded
How to Remove ResultsToolbox or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with ResultsToolbox or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with ResultsToolbox or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with ResultsToolbox or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with ResultsToolbox , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of ResultsToolbox or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: