What is SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker?
SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker is a type of browser hijacker which fakes as search engine. It can be added to Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Each time you start surfing, SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker would come up with a new tab. It hijacks your homepage or search engine and causes random redirection. This one is very different from google, yahoo or bing search. SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker displays fake results and takes you to suspicious pages that contain plenty of adverts. Obviously it has been designed for commercial purpose.
SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker is embedded in potentially unwanted application, which only creates web traffics for its maker by displaying ads. Hijacked by SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker, your Internet speed is getting slow; and every site you open would be flooded with annoying pop-ups. Don’t ever try to click those ads. SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker belongs to harmful redirect virus which has the ability to invade your sensitive information. Action should be taken ASAP to get rid of SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker.
How to Remove SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of SafeFinder Mac Search Hijacker or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: