What Is Autorun Virus?
Autorun Virus is a new Trojan virus that damages your crucial system section to makes your computer be a weak target for remote attacker. Autorun Virus virus is known to invade a system silently via spam email and free downloaded software. When Autorun Virus infects your PC, it degrades system performance and causes random system errors. If you delay to get rid of Autorun Virus, hijacker, spyware and malware will be dropped on your system. Therefore you will encounter many system malfunctions, for instance, your browser will be hijacked and redirected to scam websites, and your account details of credit card or banking account may be stolen by spyware.
Autorun Virus is a very tricky virus with ability of updating its codes and path on a infected PC, it can deeply root in your system and disrupt the whole PC gradually. To prevent the worst situation from happening, you should take action to terminate Autorun Virus without any hesitation. The longer it hides on your PC, more troubles will be made.
How to Remove Autorun Virus or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with Autorun Virus or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with Autorun Virus or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with Autorun Virus or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with Autorun Virus , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove Autorun Virus, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of Autorun Virus or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: