What Is BasicSearchPlatform App?
BasicSearchPlatform App is a nasty app acting as PUP or Adware. It can use various unethical methods to invade user’s system and carry out many harmful activities. If you also have it on your computer, you’d better remove it for good, otherwise things get worse and worse.
Generally speaking, BasicSearchPlatform App virus not only displays tons of pop-up ads on your Edge, Safari, Chrome, Firefox and IE, but also it corrupts your routine applications and generates a bunch of malicious files. As a consequence, you will not be able to use your machine as usual. In addition to these, BasicSearchPlatform App virus can receive commands from its authors and bring in many other spyware/trojans/malware infections. It is very good at tracking your browsing habits. If you don’t take actions to remove it from your computer as soon as possible, the insidious virus will even collect your sensitive data, including web history, search queries, cookies, online banking details, IP, email contacts, phone number, home address and so on. In a word, BasicSearchPlatform App is dangerous adware-type virus. It’s of great importance to remove it from the infected machine immediately.
How to Remove BasicSearchPlatform App or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with BasicSearchPlatform App or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with BasicSearchPlatform App or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with BasicSearchPlatform App or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with BasicSearchPlatform App , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of BasicSearchPlatform App or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: