Common Brand App
Common Brand App can be generated by harmful adware. Common Brand App can inject add-ons in Safari, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. If you have tried to reset the browser but found Common Brand App stay here again and again, that means the Common Brand App still hidden in the system. Therefore, every responsible files and registry keys about Common Brand App should be removed completely that can permanently release the computer from Common Brand App infection.
Common Brand App is designed specifically to make money, so users will find that Common Brand App generates web traffic, collects sales leads for other unfamiliar websites, and will display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser. In this case, your online shopping concerning to credit card, Paypal or other payment types should be careful. Cyber criminals will utilize Common Brand App to steal these information for evil intention.
What are the malicious traits of Common Brand App
- Common Brand App attacks your browser and flooded with all kinds of popups to take over your browsers.
- Common Brand App invades into your computer system and opens a backdoor for malware installation.
- Common Brand App modifies the browser default settings, and captures users’ sensitive information such as banking information and credit card password to cyber criminals.
- Common Brand App is bundled with many other malware and opens a backdoor to install them without asking your permission.
How to Remove Common Brand App or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with Common Brand App or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with Common Brand App or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with Common Brand App or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with Common Brand App , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of Common Brand App or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: