What is DiscoveryEngine?
DiscoveryEngine is a potentially unwanted adware that is designed to distribute a bunch of pop-ups on browsers. Usually it inserts adverts, banners and sponsored links when you visit commercial sites like Ebay. This program can turn words or sentences into links. DiscoveryEngine supports the third party. All malicious activities contribute to earn quick money. You will receive annoying advertisements labeled with “Ads by DiscoveryEngine”. It has the ability to hijack popular browsers like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. In order to make its job easier, DiscoveryEngine installs certain plug-in or add-on to record your search key words. Random redirection would occur and lead you to advertising websites, which contain amounts of products, software or online services. You should not close those ads that have been injected according to your habits. It aims to invade your money.
DiscoveryEngine adware causes many problems
- Your computer starts acting sluggish
- Every page is full of adverts
- DiscoveryEngine slows down the whole Internet speed
- DiscoveryEngine comes up with browser extension when you open browser
- It redirects homepage to random websites
- DiscoveryEngine gathers important data and generates profits without any notification
How to Remove DiscoveryEngine or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with DiscoveryEngine or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with DiscoveryEngine or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with DiscoveryEngine or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with DiscoveryEngine , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove DiscoveryEngine, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of DiscoveryEngine or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: