PowerLift has been listed as PUP – potential unwanted program for that it keeps promoting annoying ads on users’ web browsers. Generally speaking, PowerLift can get into your PC via several ways, for example, when you download some free software, open porn websites or open attachments of spam emails. As soon as PowerLift gets into your PC, it will display many ads significantly that purchasing you to buy their products. As a matter of fact, it’s technically not a virus, but it does exhibit plenty of malicious traits. Furthermore, it is able to sneak into the operating system, browser hijacking, and in general just interfering with the user experience. Obviously, your privacy will be exposed by PowerLift; this is terrible for you to lose your important data. All in all, once you notice that PowerLift kept in your PC, it is intelligent for you to remove it instantly.
Summary on PowerLift
- It is a very tricky and stubborn adware
- It can steal all your private data
- It is able to download malware on your PC without your content
- It can demonstrate numerous pop ups and other objectionable websites
How to Remove PowerLift or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with PowerLift or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with PowerLift or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with PowerLift or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with PowerLift , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove PowerLift, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of PowerLift or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: