questsearch is considered as a stubborn and cunning adware which keeps lurking on computer to bother users with various troubles. Based on the research, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari are known as the very common browsers to be affected by questsearch. It pops up now and then, which interrupts Internet activities roughly.
questsearch is such a tricky stuff that it is able to infiltrate into computer secretly without any consent. While you are installing program, it is necessary to pay close attention on carrying bundle. Or questsearch will come into your PC smoothly. Additionally, spam email, malicious link, game and porn site can be utilized by questsearch as well.
Originally, questsearch is used for generating website traffic by delivering tons of pop-up ads that are relevant to the website you are visiting recently. It is trying to redirect users to untrustworthy website and convince you into downloading bogus security program. Even worse, questsearch may track your online operation and pick up private information out for illicit purpose. To sum up, as questsearch runs risk to your computer that users are advised to get rid of it as quickly as possible.
How to Remove questsearch or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with questsearch or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with questsearch or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with questsearch or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with questsearch , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of questsearch or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: