Search.filecompressorpro.com is a harmful browser hijacker that always makes itself as your homepage or search engine of Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome. Search.filecompressorpro.com is often infects web browser when user install some freeware downloaded from suspicious online sources, the virus maker of this hijacker embeds codes of freeware shared online, thus when people download and install those application, Search.filecompressorpro.com takes over all the browsers. In consequense, when you open a website or perform search on Google, Bing or Yahoo, you will be redirected to Search.filecompressorpro.com search engine, which is never a legit search engine giving useful search results.
Search.filecompressorpro.com modifies your browser settings with malicious codes, locks your homepage and search engine on its domain, inserts adware on your browser to spy your activities, and resets rules of your firewall and antivirus program to permit the invading of other malware. If you cannot remove Search.filecompressorpro.com search engine in time, your PC will become slow, sluggish and vulnerable, and your data and information may be threatened by other viruses transferred by Search.filecompressorpro.com . For safety of your system, we suggest you following the steps below to get rid of Search.filecompressorpro.com redirect right now.
How to Remove Search.filecompressorpro.com or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with Search.filecompressorpro.com or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with Search.filecompressorpro.com or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with Search.filecompressorpro.com or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with Search.filecompressorpro.com , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Note – If the guide above does not help you remove Search.filecompressorpro.com, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of Search.filecompressorpro.com or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: