What is SearchAdditionally?
SearchAdditionally is an insecure adware that hijacks browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Its presence will bring a bunch of pop-ups on your computer screen. Actually it is a potentially unwanted program. SearchAdditionally has been created to promote the third party. Tons of banners, advertisements and sponsored links would be added on every page that you visit. Besides, SearchAdditionally turns words or sentences into clickable ads. The appearance of this malware can lead to money invasion. Don’t click those pop-ups. Dealing with SearchAdditionally is not an easy job. It keeps coming back in a form of browser extension or add-on. Each time you start surfing, this virus will take you to random websites that contain a lot of adverts. SearchAdditionally is able to modify your homepage and adds spam contents to search results. So what you receive might be a trick. Besides, a slow PC performance and unexpected system crash occur frequently. The computer encounters malware security risk. You are recommended to remove SearchAdditionally ads as soon as possible.
How to Remove SearchAdditionally or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with SearchAdditionally or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with SearchAdditionally or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with SearchAdditionally or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with SearchAdditionally , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove SearchAdditionally, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of SearchAdditionally or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: