General Launch App Description
Some users may think that General Launch App is a good application, but the truth is that it is just an adware infection which is harmful to your computer system. In most cases, General Launch App enters users’ machines by means of spam links, pornographic websites, torrents and unverified cost-free programs. Sometimes, it can also get installed with the help of Trojan viruses and worms. To avoid it, you have to be very careful with your online activities.
General Launch App makes your PC Performance slow down as it consumes lots of system resources. Lurking around in the background, it may secretly download other dangerous malware infections onto your computer or collect your sensitive data, such as credit card details, IP address, search queries, cookies, word documents, pictures, email contacts and so on. All in all, General Launch App is not a safe item. If you don’t get rid of it from your computer in time, you won’t be able to surf the internet without harassment, at the same time, you will easily encounter financial loss or even identity theft. Therefore, we highly recommend you to eliminate General Launch App adware ASAP before things get worse and worse.
How to Remove General Launch App or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with General Launch App or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with General Launch App or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with General Launch App or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with General Launch App , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of General Launch App or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: