LookupShare.app has been identified as a pesky PUP and adware that bothers lots of computer users. Rather than providing convenience to users, LookupShare.app is more likely to cause trouble to their daily operations. Once installed, the homepages on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox,and Safari may all be affected by LookupShare.app which shows up immediately every time the browser is open. Under its interference, computer will be largely affected and dragged into computer slow performance.
Mostly, for those users who are affected by LookupShare.app are always careless on suspicious resources including spam email attachment, malicious link, porn site and fake security pop-up. Additionally, LookupShare.app is clever to pack with free downloading program so that to be downloaded into computer smoothly.
Annoyed by LookupShare.app, you can be forced to visit unknown website related to new version update. Be cautious, to download anything from suspicious website would lead to the penetration of other malware. By controlling the web browser, LookupShare.app may also manage your online habit and get away private information. Therefore, to make computer stay on safe environment, LookupShare.app should be exterminated as quickly as possible.
How to Remove LookupShare.app or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with LookupShare.app or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with LookupShare.app or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with LookupShare.app or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with LookupShare.app , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove LookupShare.app, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of LookupShare.app or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: