iTunes Writer Description
iTunes Writer is a very nasty and stubborn malware infection which delivers commercial pop-up ads on your computer. Generally speaking, this dodgy iTunes Writer sneaks into your system when you are downloading and installing free applications from the internet. To avoid such malicious infections, you have to pay attention to unfamiliar stuff and always choose custom installation.
If unfortunately your machine is infected by iTunes Writer, you will have great trouble. Whenever you browse the internet tons of ads by iTunes Writer will appear on your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Even you try a million times to uninstall and then reinstall the affected browsers those stupid ads still keep coming back and interfering with your work online.
Aside from that, iTunes Writer malware is bound to slow down your PC performance as it consumes a plenty of system resources. Lurking around in the background, it can also download additional viruses onto the compromised system and spy on your surfing habits. If you don’t delete it as soon as possible, surely things will get worse and worse. You will even experience financial loss or identity theft. Therefore, we highly recommend you to get rid of this insidious iTunes Writer virus without any hesitation. Here below I will teach you how to deal with it.
How to Remove iTunes Writer or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with iTunes Writer or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with iTunes Writer or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with iTunes Writer or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with iTunes Writer , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of iTunes Writer or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: