What is Maftask Mac process virus ?
Maftask Mac process is the process run by Mac Auto Fixer, which is a deceptive app or PUA for Mac. It is installed on your computer by unfair means. This application has been utilized to trick Mac user to purchase license of Mac Auto Fixer. The app is associated with adware that affect browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. We don’t recommend leaving it in computer because PUA like Maftask Mac process virus will slow down system and cause other issues.
Adware related with Maftask Mac process virus may changes settings on mac. Then it can run its process on every system boot. Maftask Mac process virus related adware enters into your computer without asking for permission. This program usually attaches itself to free software which you download from hacked domains. And ads from Maftask Mac process virus will put your computer into a poor condition, the pop-up windows are everywhere when using computer. To protect your system, Maftask Mac process virus adware should be removed immediately to avoid further attacks.
How to Remove Maftask Mac process virus or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with Maftask Mac process virus or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with Maftask Mac process virus or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with Maftask Mac process virus or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with Maftask Mac process virus , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Note – If the guide above does not help you remove Maftask Mac process virus, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of Maftask Mac process virus or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: