What is BufferKey?
BufferKey is classified as a malicious adware. There are many ways can promote this adware. For one thing, BufferKey can bundle into free online application. Especially the application from dubious websites. It pretends to be an useful add-on or plugin, once users download the dubious application, BufferKey invades into the system silently. For the other thing, BufferKey gets access into the system with the fake update programs. Many users have no idea whether there is update needed, and get the fake update finished. Fake browser update, flash update and other software update are likely to promote this BufferKey.
BufferKey claims to help users enhance the online browser experience, especially better to shop online for users. BufferKey keeps popping up lots of pricing coupons, discounts, banners, rebates and even free application promoting ads on pages users go to. BufferKey says that it can help users to save time and save money. However, BufferKey is in collusion with many other harmful third-parties malware in the background. It can compatible with almost all the famous browsers. Browser such as Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and also Internet Explorer are inevitably to be attacked severely. Currently, PC experts recommend users to get rid of BufferKey completely when the ads are found during online browsing. As BufferKey is bundled with malicious codes, advanced cookies and even adds malicious extensions to browsers silently, during online browsing, it is in high risks for users to suffer from privacy leakage.
How to Remove BufferKey or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with BufferKey or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with BufferKey or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with BufferKey or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with BufferKey , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of BufferKey or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: