Further information of Hide My Searches
Hide My Searches can be regarded as a malicious browser hijacker and an annoying adware. Usually when user is redirected to the homepage Hide My Searches, the infection must have been settled down in the system. First trait of the Hide My Searches should be the annoying popups, even users are searching the confidential content. That means this infection successfully attacked the browsers. Because the Hide My Searches is created for making money, through popuping up endless ads to attract clicking, the cyber crooks take any advantage to get revenue from the clicking.
The other malicious trait of Hide My Searches is to bring into other unwanted programs. Have you experienced sudden voice broadcasting from your computer even you did not open any player? This sounds quite scare right? But this is a true maleficence done by the Hide My Searches. When you install any suspicious free software from unfamiliar site, many potentially unwanted programs are also installed silently in the background. Therefore, please pay more attention when you installing some free things from unknown websites, or you will agree to bring further infections into your PC. If your PC have already been attacked by this stubborn Hide My Searches, you had better remove it as soon as possible to protect your PC from more damage.
How to Remove Hide My Searches or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with Hide My Searches or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with Hide My Searches or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with Hide My Searches or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with Hide My Searches , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove Hide My Searches, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of Hide My Searches or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: