prosearchtip.com is not a reliable search engine, so don’t keep it on your computer under any circumstance. Actually, this prosearchtip.com is a dodgy browser hijacker virus. It is designed by adware authors to hijack computer users’ web browsers and display commercial pop-up ads. Every time you utilize this rogue search engine to search something it always shows you inaccurate search results. Sometimes it even adds sponsored links to your search results or causes browser redirections to insecure websites. prosearchtip.com is so annoying that many people want to get rid of it from their machines. However, its complete removal is not easy. On one hand, this slick virus cannot be uninstalled from control panel, even you uninstall and then reinstall the affected browsers, it still comes back again and again. Here below I will teach you how to deal with the nasty and stubborn prosearchtip.com virus.
prosearchtip.com virus is Harmful to Your Computer
1.prosearchtip.com search engine is classified as a malicious browser hijacker virus
2. prosearchtip.com replaces your browser homepage with its own one.
3.prosearchtip.com may display annoying pop-up ads on your screen or cause redirect problems
4. prosearchtip.com virus monitors your internet activities and collects your personal data.
5. prosearchtip.com virus may spread additional viruses, spyware
6. If not removed timely, prosearchtip.com virus will seriously mess up your system
How to Remove prosearchtip.com or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with prosearchtip.com or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with prosearchtip.com or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with prosearchtip.com or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with prosearchtip.com , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove prosearchtip.com, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of prosearchtip.com or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: