Whenever I open Google Chrome the new tab automatically opens a page called Search.chill-tab.com.. Every time this page opens. How to remove it? I tried to remove it from the settings by checking on the box, but still it didn’t remove. Not only on this but the same is on Mozilla Firefox. I even deleted all unwanted files and downloads from control panel. It’s not getting removed. How should I remove it?
Search.chill-tab.com is a notorious browsers infection designed by hackers to earn easy money. Once it gets inside your system, this virus immediately changes the default homepage of your internet browsers and displays a bunch of pop-up ads on every webpage you visit. You will find it super annoying. Moreover, Search.chill-tab.com virus is bound to cause poor PC performance as it consumes a lot of system resources. Lurking around in the background, it may secretly open up system backdoors for other malware infections and cyber criminals. The longer you let it stay there, the more problems you will encounter. In some cases, it even poses threat to your vital and confidential information. Therefore, we highly recommend you to get rid of Search.chill-tab.com virus ASAP before things get worse and worse. You can choose to remove it manually or use some professional virus removal tools. Here below I will show you 2 ways to eliminate this stinky Search.chill-tab.com virus.
Common symptoms of Search.chill-tab.com virus
1. Virus of this type usually overrides the default settings of users’ browsers.
2. Home page will be changed the unwanted one.
3. It may display endless pop-up advertisements
4. System performance becomes much slower than it was before and browser may crash over and over.
5. Strange websites are automatically opened in new tabs
6. Unknown toolbars, plugin/extensions appear on browsers.
6. It may steal users’ personal information
Search.chill-tab.com Removal Tutorial for PC Users and Mac OS Users
|Note – Some Steps May Need You to Restart Web Browser or Computer, Please Press Ctrl + D keys to Bookmark This Page Before You Begin|
Here we provide 2 options for you to clean up your computer:
Option One – Have a in-depth scan with SpyHunter’s Malware Scanner
This is an easy and quick solution – Use SpyHunter Anti-Malware to have in-depth scan on your system and solve PC security problems automatically. If you want a efficient, safe and quick way to clean up your computer, we recommend you to have a try on SpyHunter, a professional malware detection tool.
– Click the button below to Spyhunter safely:
(Important Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your system, It may block this SpyHunter download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the SpyHunter Download Button again. )
– Once downloaded, Run SpyHunter-Installer.exe to install it:
– Click Yes if you see the following prompt from User Account Control:
– EnigmaSoft Limited Installed will be prepared within two minutes:
– Click CONTINUE:
– Click ACCEPT & INSTALL:
– Once it is installed, click Star Scan Now to detect Search.chill-tab.com and related viruses.
– Once it completes the scan, click View Scan Results to check the status of your machine:
Option Two – Manually Remove Virus and Malware from Windows OS
If you prefer to manually remove virus or malware like Search.chill-tab.com on your own, you can follow the manual steps we have listed below to do it. But please be very carefully in the process, do not make big mistakes to damage your computer. And after you complete the manual steps, we also suggest you to run a scan with SpyHunter’ scanner to re-check the security conditions of your system, then you can know if Search.chill-tab.com or other threats have been eliminated.
Step 1 – End Search.chill-tab.com or other suspicious process in Task Manager.
1. Press “Ctrl+ Shift + Esc” keys to call out Windows Task Manager
2. Click Processes > find Search.chill-tab.com process or suspicious processes and select End process.
Step 2 – Uninstall unwanted and suspicious programs from Control Panel.
Windows 10 User
Windows 10 : Click Start Menu >> Click All Apps >> Find out Search.chill-tab.com and other unwanted programs, then right-click on it and select Uninstall:
Windows 8 User
– Move the mouse to the lower-left corner of the screen and clicking the Start button;
– Type “control panel” in search box and then click Control Panel.
– Click Uninstall a program
– Select Search.chill-tab.com and unwanted programs >> click Uninstall
Windows 7 and XP User
Win 7 / Vista / XP
– Click Start button >> click Control Panel in Start Menu
– Click Uninstall a program to open Programs and Features
– Find Search.chill-tab.com and unwanted programs >> click Uninstall
Step 3 Remove unwanted and suspicious extensions / add-on from web browser.
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar >> click Tools >> click Extensions >> Click the trash can icon to remove Search.chill-tab.com and unwanted extensions
Open Internet Explorer >> click Tools button >> click Manage add-ons >> Remove or Disable the Search.chill-tab.com and related add-on
Click the menu button on firefox >> click Add-ons >> select the Extensions or Appearance panel >> remove Search.chill-tab.com and unwanted or unknown extensions
Search.chill-tab.com will help hijacker to change your homepage and default search on Edge browser, follow steps below to reverse the changes:
1. Set your homepage page on Microsoft Edge to remove hijacker virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Under Open with, select A specific page or pages >> select Custom to enter the URL of page you want to set as homepage
2 . Set your default search engine to remove search redirect virus.
- Select More (…) on the address bar, then Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Click <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”, then input the search engine you like
- Now select the search engine you like and click Set as default
Step 4 Remove nasty registry entries of virus from Registry Editor.
– Press Win + R keys together to open Run window
– Type “regedit” and click OK
– Hold on Ctrl + F keys to get the “Find” window, then type virus’ name to search and delete nasty registry files:
Making mistakes in Registry may lead to system damages. To Avoid the risk, We strongly suggest You To:
(Important Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your system, It may block this SpyHunter download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software and come back here to click the SpyHunter Download Button again. )
Step 1 – Disable or Remove unknown or suspicious extensions from Safari, Firefox and Chrome.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the adware extension installed by Search.chill-tab.com and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove adware extension installed by Search.chill-tab.com
Step 2 – Use Combo Cleaner to detect and remove malicious items and speed up your Mac.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-malware and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as Internet Security, System Cleanup, System Optimization and Disk Clean, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click “Free Download” button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Important Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, use Uninstaller and then select the unwanted and suspicious apps , and click Remove Selected Items to uninstall:
3. Select Antivirus app and click Start can to detect malicious items generated by virus and then remove them:
4. Run a full scan to Re-check your Mac, and fix all detected problems.
Why Thousands of Mac Users Recommend Combo Cleaner:
Combo Cleaner can assist you to solve all kind of issues with just one click. It clears out junk files to speed up your Mac, detects and removes various infections, identifies big or duplicated files that take up large portion of hard disk, and helps you uninstall unwanted apps that won’t easily go away. It is the ultimate tool you will need to keep your Mac machines running fast and safely.
Good Tips for Prevention of Virus and Malware
|Beware of Email Attachments||Lots of virus and malware, especially Ransomware, are distributed via spam email. When you receive some emails looks suspicious, or those forwarded to you by unknown person, never download it or open it.|
|Beware of Public Torrent Sites||Torrent is one of the most popular way used by virus maker for distributing infections. Virus and malware executing file are injected into torrent file shared on public torrent sites, when you download a uncertain torrent and run it, you are giving a chance for there threats to enter your system.|
|Beware of Thirty Party Free Apps||Infections, especially Adware, are attached on third party free apps. To prevent such threats, you should select Custom/ Advanced installation and check all details to avoid unwanted apps are installed without permission.|
|Do Not Visit Adult Sites||Adult sites are also used by virus maker. It lures you to install a fake media player or click a link, and then some malware can be installed as soon as you click its malicious links. So for your system security, do not visit adult sites.|
|Beware of Free Public WiFi||Free WiFi seems attractive, but it is also dangerous as well now. Some hacker sets free WiFi in public places, when you connect it your device may be spied and hacked, and then some infections will be downloaded to harm your machine.|
|Install Trusted Anti-virus||The best way to prevent computer threats is to use trusted security tools and turn on the firewall to keep your Internet safe. It’s better to run a daily scan to diagnose the condition of your system all the time. Here we recommend top- rated anti-virus tools for you: Shield Antivirus (Windows OS) and Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac OSX)|
|Back Up Your Important Data and File||It’s highly recommended to back up your data and file regularly, so that you can restore them if your system is infected and your files are damaged.|