Searchpage is one of the nasty browser hijackers which extends deep negative influence on daily searches. Almost, the occurrence of Searchpage is attributed to the carelessness of operations, especially for the installation of free downloading program. If not remembering to deselect additional bundle, Searchpage would be installed into computer successfully. Besides that, any suspicious resources like spam email attachment, game, malicious link and porn site should be attentive as well. Soon after the penetration, Searchpage will alter the default settings on web browsers including Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Rather than the original homepage, all browsers will be firmly taken over by Searchpage which shows up immediately whenever you are opening a new tab. Undoubtedly, it is pretty nettlesome to have Searchpage lurked on computer. However, it is not supposed to be uninstalled from control panel completely.
Affected by Searchpage, computer will be involved into a series of troubles which can be known as slow computer speed, endless pop-up ads, unknown program installation and system freeze. By adding tracing extension, Searchpage is able to force users to suspicious website containing malicious malware. It may even manage your online habit and pick up sensitive information to bad guys. To be concerned, for preventing computer from severe attack, Searchpage must be removed out from computer as quickly as possible.
How to Remove Searchpage or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with Searchpage or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with Searchpage or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with Searchpage or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with Searchpage , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove Searchpage, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of Searchpage or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: