ToolSearchLetter is a highly stubborn adware that hijacks web browsers to cause rediection. For most of the users who are affected by ToolSearchLetter, the download of this nuisance is not with their willingness. To the contrast, the arrival of ToolSearchLetter is out of users’ awareness by taking the advantage of malicious link, porn site, spam email attachment and free downloading program. Users must be highly cautious while doing online activities.
Affected by ToolSearchLetter, you are not supposed to take it off from web browser easily. It is compatible with various web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Edge. By altering default settings, ToolSearchLetter will generate countless advertisements onto website, which may force you to malicious website hosting with bogus information and malware program.
Being an ad-supported adware, it is not strange for ToolSearchLetter sending out bunches of advertisements. However, it is mentioning that the ads delivered by ToolSearchLetter are somehow relevant to the content you visited recently. That is to say, ToolSearchLetter is able to manage your online habit and thus to pick up private information away. To be concerned, it is strongly suggested to get it removed out from computer as soon as possible.
How to Remove ToolSearchLetter or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with ToolSearchLetter or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with ToolSearchLetter or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with ToolSearchLetter or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with ToolSearchLetter , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of ToolSearchLetter or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: