FilterIdea is deemed as an PUP virus which will create unwanted and spam ads to harass you. In common, FilterIdea can get into your PC via free downloads, unlawful websites and spam emails. Once your computer infected with FilterIdea, it send you various ads which looks like to help you to save money and experience easy online shopping, but in fact it is used to help its sponsors make money by displaying annoying and spam ads.
At the beginning, you may think that FilterIdea is an useful browser extension. But, when it stays in your system longer, you will find that your computer performance turns to be slower and slower, moreover, when you click the ads generated by FilterIdea, you will be redirected to some strange websites that you may never see before. It should be mentioned that these websites is not safe, they are able to collect your confidential information, such as your credit card detail information, banking account passwords and your email keys and other sensitive information. Furthermore, sometimes, you may be annoyed by these ads displayed on your current browser; in this case, you properly want to switch to other browsers. To your surprise that all of the famous browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, are infected with FilterIdea. Therefore, once your PC infected with FilterIdea, you should remove it immediately, so as to keep your PC in safe position.
How to Remove FilterIdea or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with FilterIdea or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with FilterIdea or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with FilterIdea or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with FilterIdea , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove FilterIdea, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of FilterIdea or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: