Player Location Check is an adware and PUP. The ads offered by Player Location Check can be related to various contents like commercial product, coupon code, bogus security software, security warning etc. By accidentally clicking the provided links, you may get redirected to harmful website and generated with malware program.
When installing new software, users need to be cautious to watch out every installation step and remember to deselect additional program that may be bundled with the main program. Of course, other suspicious resources like spam email attachment, malicious link, porn site and fake update website also need to be attentive at the same time.
Affected by Player Location Check, you may get redirected to insecure website which has been disguised into new version update. It is trying to generate computer with other malware. By implanting extension, Player Location Check would even track your online activities and collect sensitive information to bad guys. Seriously, to get computer far away from dangerous environment, Player Location Check should be removed as fast as possible.
How to Remove Player Location Check or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with Player Location Check or similar threats.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with Player Location Check or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with Player Location Check or similar threats
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with Player Location Check , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Important Note – If the guide above does not help you remove Player Location Check, or an unwanted extension, search engine and unwanted application, it might be caused by potential threats. We recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to re-check your Mac and see if it will detect malicious programs or adware.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:
(The below link will open the app’s official website to download Combo Cleaner. Please come back to this page after you download it)Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
(Tips – If there is another anti-malware software running on your Mac, It may block this Combo Cleaner download. In that situation, Please Turn Off that anti-malware software first and come back here to click the Combo Cleaner Download Button again. )
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of Player Location Check or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: