DataQuest is categorized as a highly stubborn adware which possesses the ability to mess up system settings and drag your computer into poor performance. According to the research, DataQuest has been figured out to take the advantage of malicious link, porn site, spam email and sharing program. Thus, any suspicious resources should be attentive while visiting the Internet.
As long as downloaded, DataQuest will immediately modify browser settings on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. By doing this, it is able to load up automatically and pop up lots of advertisements that are related to coupon code. Seemingly, DataQuest is intending to help save money from online shopping. Indeed, it is trying to generate website traffic and promote revenue.
Moreover, DataQuest may contain other infectious objects like Trojan horse and keylogger to follow the trail of your online activities to steal and send confidential information to bad guys. DataQuest also takes up big part of system resources and degrade download computer speed. Being the owner of your computer, you are strongly suggested to get rid of DataQuest soon. Only in this way can your computer free from danger effectively.
How to Remove DataQuest or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with DataQuest or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with DataQuest or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with DataQuest or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with DataQuest , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of DataQuest or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: