WHAT IS ConnectedBoost ?
ConnectedBoost is categorized as adware that causes trouble on your browsers like Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox. The method through which it enters onto your computer is free download, fake update and spam email attachments. ConnectedBoost is utilized as an advertising platform that displays a bunch of adverts. Those pop-ups are sent in a form of clickable ads, in-text links, banners and audio advertisements. Whichever page you visit would be navigated by ConnectedBoost ads.
Actually ConnectedBoost is a potentially unwanted application. It triggers unwanted redirection and additional installation, which might lead to a bad system condition. ConnectedBoost virus puts your PC into being vulnerable in order to earn quick money without users’ awareness. It might drive you nut while nothing is working to fix this. Keeping ConnectedBoost malware inside might make your system pretty slow. Screen is taken over by endless pop-ups. The most important point is that ConnectedBoost might gather confidential information for profit generation. Your privacy could be invaded in the background. So we suggest all users to get rid of ConnectedBoost ASAP.
How to Remove ConnectedBoost or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with ConnectedBoost or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with ConnectedBoost or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with ConnectedBoost or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with ConnectedBoost , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of ConnectedBoost or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: