What Is DiscoverResults?
DiscoverResults is defined as a malicious adware infection. This is because it delivers a bunch of commercial pop-up ads on users’ computers and at the same time it carries out many other harmful activities.
Generally speaking, DiscoverResults can be distributed via spam email attachments, pornographic websites, gambling websites and various free applications. To prevent such malware infection from invading your system, you have to pay attention to unfamiliar stuff when surfing online.
After DiscoverResults successfully enters your machine, it starts adding malcodes to your Windows registry and changing the default settings of your web browsers. You will notice that every time you browse the internet there are always tons of ads by DiscoverResults popups coming up. These ads are either Fake or misleading and very annoying. You should never click on them, otherwise you will be redirected to some insecure websites where you can get your computer infected by other forms of viruses.
Apart from that, DiscoverResults adware slows down your PC performance by taking up a lot of system resources. It can secretly open up system backdoors for other malware infections and remote attackers. If you cannot find a solid way to delete it completely, it will even keep track of your surfing habits and then collect your confidential data.
In order to protect your machine and to keep your privacy safe, you should get rid of DiscoverResults thoroughly by using manual removal method. Of course, if you are not good at computers, you can also use special virus removers to handle this stubborn DiscoverResults. Here below I will steer you step by step to delete it.
DiscoverResults Is Dangerous
1. DiscoverResults gets installed on your computer without your permission
2. DiscoverResults bombards you with excessive amounts of pop-up ads
3. DiscoverResults makes your computer become very slow
4. DiscoverResults can install other malware/spyware/ransomware infections onto your computer secretly
5. DiscoverResults may steal your computer privacy
How to Remove DiscoverResults or related threats from Mac OS?
Step 1 – Disable or Remove suspicious extension related with DiscoverResults or malware.
– Choose Safari > Preferences
– On the ‘Extensions’ tab, find out the extension related with adware or hijacker and click Uninstall or Disable
– Click the settings button (three horizontal bars) in the top-right corner and then select ‘Add-ons’.
– Click “Extensions” tab under Add-on Manager page to view the extensions.
– Find the suspicious add-on you want to disable and click its “Disable” button.
– If you want to delete an extension entirely, click “Remove.”
– Click the setting button “≡” at the top right of the browser window, choose “More Tools” and choose “Extensions“.
– Click the “trash can icon” button to remove extension related with DiscoverResults or similar threats
Step 2 – Uninstall suspicious App related with DiscoverResults or malware
– Open Finder at the Dock
– Select Applications and find out suspicious apps related with DiscoverResults , then right click on the app and click Move to Trash:
– Right click on Trash icon to select Empty Trash
Step 3 – Use Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan your Mac and clean up all malicious items.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a powerful and popular anti-virus and optimization app designed for Mac OS. It is developed to help Mac users clean, speed up and optimizing Mac machines. With the greats features such as App Uninstaller, Privacy Scanner, Antivirus and Disk Cleaner, you can keep your Mac away from virus and malware attack and avoid online spam and phishing websites and protect your privacy and files well. We recommend running a in-depth scan on your Mac with Combo Cleaner:
1. Click Download button here to download and install Combo Cleaner quickly:Download Combo Cleaner Antivirus (Mac)
2. Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan and see if it will detect files of DiscoverResults or potential threats for you.
3. You can try the app Uninstaller if it some uninstall unwanted and suspicious apps cannot be uninstalled manually:
4. And you can use Antivirus feature to scan your Mac and re-check if there is still any potential threats: